Seven out-of-towners arrested

June 27, 2019 at 7:05 a.m.

By By Sarah Wolpoff- | Comments: 0 | Leave a comment

Last week, seven out-of-towners were charged for driving while intoxicated, grand larceny and fighting at a bar.

*A New York City couple allegedly stole expensive fragrances from the Ulta Beauty store at 445 Boston Post Rd. on Thursday, June 20.

By the time Port Chester police arrived at 11:19 a.m., the alleged culprits had already left. According to the police report, they drove away in a white Jeep. However, after surveilling the area, officers were able to locate the couple in their Jeep on New Broad Street.

According to the police report, Quenisha Smith, 32, and Marquis Daniels, 29, entered the store and denied the staff’s request to help them shop. While walking around, Smith allegedly selected six Chanel perfumes and placed them directly into her purse. She then allegedly picked up three Dior perfumes and again stuffed them into her personal bag.

At this point, a store employee approached the woman to ask her to return the fragrances. However, she allegedly ignored the request, walked out of the store with the $1,289 worth of merchandise and got into her Jeep. The employee than approached Daniels and asked him to tell his girlfriend to come back, informing him that otherwise, the police would be contacted. But he allegedly acted confused, said he had no association with Smith and exited the store. Staff then allegedly saw him enter the same Jeep as Smith.

Smith and Daniels were both charged with grand larceny, felonies.

*As Port Chester police officers conducted a sobriety checkpoint on Abendroth Avenue on Sunday, June 23, a man driving a blue Nissan Pathfinder approached the site at 2:30 a.m.

When one cop spoke to the Stamford, Conn. resident, he allegedly claimed that he had nothing to drink that night. However, a second officer allegedly noticed the man had bloodshot eyes and smelled like alcohol. Further questioning revealed that the man was driving to Copacabana for drinks, and he ultimately allegedly admitted to drinking three beers at home.

The 22-year-old continued to fail several onsite sobriety tests, according to the police report. Later, his blood alcohol content was revealed at .14 percent, above the legal limit of .08.

Roberto Castillo was charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor.

*After a 45-year-old allegedly started throwing ketchup bottles at other patrons at Hubba on Sunday, June 23, Port Chester police were called to the 24 N. Main St. restaurant at 7:34 p.m.

According to the police report, the man entered the establishment with his own beer and drank it while he ate a meal. When he was finished, he allegedly started harassing other customers until he was asked to leave. After staff told him to go, he allegedly became combative and started throwing around ketchup bottles while trying to engage the employees in a physical altercation.

The officers on scene met with the man outside of the restaurant and asked him to leave several times. However, he allegedly refused to go. His bike was allegedly lying in the middle of the sidewalk, blocking pedestrian traffic, and he allegedly refused to pick it up when requested to do so.

The Cos Cob, Conn. resident was charged with disorderly conduct, a violation.

*Three family members allegedly got into a violent fight at Jomas Tavern on Monday, June 24.

Port Chester police were called to the 112 Westchester Ave. bar at 2:55 a.m., after the Stamford, Conn. residents were allegedly kicked out. When officers arrived, according to the police report, the men were aggressively throwing punches at each other outside.

After breaking up the alleged fight, officers realized the glass on the front door was broken. Jomas’ security allegedly told the police the damage was a result of the fight.

The men, a 30-year-old, 26-year-old and a 23-year-old, were all charged with disorderly conduct, violations.


You must login to comment.